Saturday, December 6, 2014

Gilmore Girls

Back when I was living in San Diego, two girl friends of mine were talking about the shows that they watch on Netflix. Gilmore Girls came up and one of them asked me if I watched it. To their disappointment, I said I did not. They told me that it was a show that I had to watch.

Fast forward to August and I'm back in the Bay Area. My fiance are big on the whole "Let's order pizza and watch things on Netflix" ordeal, so you'll find us doing that quite often. However, when he decides to play video games, it's up to me to find things on Netflix I want to watch. Since I didn't have much on my queue, I decided to add a few things. Gilmore Girls was on there, so I added it, but that's all I did. It wasn't until November that I finally decided to start watching it.

Now, I am halfway through the very last season, and to be quite honest, it saddens me. I never thought I would love Gilmore Girls as much as I do now. The show has excellent writing, the relationship between Lorelai and Rory is one I'd love to have with my future daughter, and there are times I wish I was in Stars Hollow.

My fiance describes Gilmore Girls as "a perfect show to wake up to." I couldn't agree more. The show is down-to-earth and has just the right amount of drama. There are days when I wake up, make myself a cup of coffee, and have a Gilmore Girls marathon. I just can't believe that I'm almost done watching it. Yesterday, I postponed watching it by trying to find "behind the scenes" footage. I just don't want it to end. :( Not only is Gilmore Girls a good show, but in all honesty, shows just aren't written like this anymore. However, I told my fiance and my best friend that if we end up having a daughter, I'd want Gilmore Girls to be "our show." My best friend thought that it was a cute idea, and my fiance said, "Aww, you'll be the Lorelai to her Rory!"

*Deep breath and sigh* Oh, Gilmore Girls, how I'll miss you so when this final season is over. I found a couple of cute products, though, that I want to get for myself (as dorky as it may seem).

Well, if you haven't seen Gilmore Girls, I would highly recommend it. I'm off to watch more episodes now. :)
In words, with love,
Vanessa Mae

4 comments:

  1. My family loves watching shows on Netflix as well! I've never seen Gilmore Girls, though. Maybe I'll check it out when I move into my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, Kayla, don't even contemplate! This is a show you DEFINITELY should watch! I think you'll agree with me about the show's writing. I finished the series late last night, and I feel empty now. I'm sitting here thinking, "What am I supposed to do now?" Haha! If you end up watching it when you move into your house, make sure you're all settled in with comfy blankets, some cofee, and snacks. You just might end up binge watching like I did. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty obsessed with Netflicks lol xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes! So am I. I seriously binge on Netflix. The two shows I'm watching now are "One Tree Hill" and "Parenthood."

      Delete