Thursday, November 13, 2014

Life Rambles: Sacramento, Visalia, and Interviews

Hello all! I've been a bit busy these past couple of days with interviews and travelling. While on my walk around the town I live in the other day, I received a phone call from an orthopedic company to come in for an interview. I set that interview up for yesterday morning, and it was in Sacramento, which is about an hour and a half away from where Alejandro and I live. We left around 8:45 AM to make it to my interview for 11:00 AM (I always like to give myself extra time just in case there's traffic). The interview was really quick (about 10-15 minutes). The administrative director said they'd talk with the surgeon I would work with and possibly have me come back to interview with him.

 Afterward, Alejandro and I went to my best friend and her boyfriend's apartment. We decided to spend the night there so we could go straight to Visalia the next day for another interview. The last time we visited them, we went to this place called Vampire Penguin. I suggested that we go there, because I really wanted another Strawberry Cheesecake Shaved Ice. Omg, you will not understand how delicious this place is until you try it! This isn't your typical shaved ice. This is like a heavenly snow that melts in your mouth!
Strawberry Cheesecake @ Vampire Penguin
It was also our friend, Carlo's, birthday yesterday. His parents and sister live an hour and a half away, so he thought he was going to spend his birthday by himself. He asked to come over just to have some company. What he didn't know was that his sister was planning to come surprise him with her girlfriend! So, while Alejandro and my best friend's boyfriend stayed at the apartment and played Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Kassandra and I went out to get cupcake mix, pizza, beer, and snacks for our little surprise get together for the night. Michelle, Carlo's sister, constantly checked with Kassandra to see what time Carlo would show up. She and her girlfriend were able to get to the apartment before Carlo, and they even brought an ice cream cake with them.
Michelle & Nikki with Carlo's birthday cake
Okay, so we got a little anxious with the cake. As soon as we found out that Carlo had driven through the gate, Michelle started lighting the 24 candles on his cake. However, we didn't take into account the time it would take Carlo to find parking. We all worked together to make sure that the candles would stay lit and not melt all over the cake. We thought he would never come, so Michelle blew the candles out (the plan was to light them later). Of course, we heard Carlo walking up the stairs as soon as she blew out the candles! We all scrambled to find lighters and lit all the candles again. Talk about teamwork! When Carlo walked through the door, we yelled, "Surprise! Happy Birthday! Blow the candles out now!" Hahaha! There was barely any candle left by the time he got there. He was so surprised to see his sister and Nikki there. 

Last night, we all ate, drank, and watched American Horror Story: Freak Show together. It was nice spending time together with everyone. Since everyone had work, class, or other places to be today, we called our little get together off earlier than usual. Usually, we go until 3:00 AM, but we called everything off at midnight.

This morning, after Alejandro and I woke up, Kassandra and I went to a local coffee shop, grabbed coffee for the three of us, came back to her apartment, and watched an episode of Gilmore Girls before Alejandro and I had to leave. We left Kass' apartment at noon to make the three and a half hour drive to Visalia. The company I'm interviewing with tomorrow gave me a complimentary room at the Marriott. :) 

Alejandro and I are currently relaxing in our hotel room, but we'll be getting ready to go to the gym soon. Once I get back home, I'll write another post about our little mini trip to Visalia. Hope you're all enjoying your week! Ta ta for now!
In Words, With Love,
Vanessa Mae

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is great :) I nominate you for the Liebster Award xx

    http://teayogame.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/liebster-award-2014_14.html

    ReplyDelete