Wednesday, October 29, 2014

San Francisco Giants: 2014 World Series Champions!!!

The 2014 World Series definitely had my emotions running. After game 6 last night, my heart almost felt shattered. The Giants could have taken the win in game 6, but they gave up seven runs in the second inning, and lost overall with a heartbreaking score of 10-0.
I had a good feeling about tonight, though. Around 3:30 PM, I called my grandma to ask her if she would be watching the game. When she confirmed she would, I asked her if I could come over to watch. My fiance isn't a sports fan, and I wasn't sure if his mom would watch tonight, seeing that she just recently started watching baseball. My grandma enthusiastically said, "Sure! Come on over!" and continued to ask me about what I'd like to eat. I told her that anything would do, so she decided to order pizza.
I arrived at her house right when the game was about to start. We grabbed a couple slices of pizza, took our seats, and anxiously watched the game. My grandpa arrived during the second inning and he was pretty happy to see me there. Man, was it a hard game to watch!
The Giants were up 2-0, but the Royals tied them soon after. The Giants were able to get another run in, but at 3-2, anything can happen. Let's talk about the action, though. Joe Panik, a rookie, made an amazing play tonight. He's what we needed at second base. I just loved watching the replay over and over again. He dove, got the ball, and tossed it to second base straight from his glove. And can we talk about Panda?! Pablo Sandoval was on fire tonight! He also made the game winning catch! Then, of course, Bumgarner did an amazing job pitching. Congrats on being the MVP as well!
Ahh, I'm still so excited for the Giants win. It's going to be crazy in San Francisco on Friday. The parade is that day and it's also Halloween. I don't plan on going out there that day, but for anyone who does plan on attending, plan to stay in the city overnight.
So, who else watched tonight's game? I'm just so, so, so, so happy that the Giants won! Woo hoo!
In Words, With Love,
Vanessa Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment