Friday, October 31, 2014

I'M AN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST!

A few posts back, I mentioned the fact that my skin had been suffering horribly from the stress I was under from studying for a huge exam. That exam was the national board examination to become an occupational therapist. I took the exam last Wednesday, the 22nd, but I had to wait a week to find out if I passed or not.
I wasn't able to sleep very well during the week of waiting. I'd jolt up in the middle of the night with anxiety, I had dreams that I didn't pass the exam, and sleeping just wasn't comfortable. The other night, I told Alejandro, "I'm just going to stay up to wait for the results; they get posted at 6 AM." However, I started getting tired around 1:30 AM and decided to pass time through sleep. I woke up early in the morning to go to the bathroom, and when I came back and checked the time, I was disappointed. It was only 5:00 AM. I thought to myself, "Maybe I could just stay up this last hour," but I couldn't do it. I went back to dreamland instead.
I woke up to Alejandro excitedly saying, "Babe! Wake up! Go check!" I started to dread waking up. I groaned in despair as I grabbed my phone. I first checked NBCOT's Facebook to make sure that results were posted. Sure enough, they were. So, I logged onto my portal and saw this...
I gasped and instantly hugged my fiance, and yes, I cried out of happiness. All the hard work I put into studying paid off! So, now, I am officially a registered occupational therapist! I've already started the job hunt and heard back from one! I can't wait to get this next part of my life rolling!
In Words, With Love,
Vanessa Mae

2 comments:

  1. That's great news! Congratulations! So exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kayla! The job I heard back from is about four hours away, but it's in the field that I REALLY want to work in. Considering the cost benefit, my fiance and I think it may actually be worth it. Wish me luck on this journey!

      Delete