Monday, December 15, 2014

BFF Days

"A Best friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway." -Elbert Hubbard
 I met my best friend/BFF/future maid of honor, Kassandra, in the 3rd grade, which was about 16 and a half years ago. Although we weren't best friends from the start, we had always been acquainted with one another and considered each other friends. It wasn't until 7th grade when we started hanging out more and actually became best friends. Life was much simpler then. Our biggest worries back then were the BIG Constitution Test and figuring out what went wrong in our HTML coding when personalizing our Xangas and Myspace pages. Now that we're older, we've gotten our dose of "real life" and were able to stand by each other's sides.

There was a time, however, when things weren't so great between us. We didn't talk to each other for a year or two, but when we did talk to each other and see each other again, it was like nothing ever happened. In fact, our friendship has grown even stronger since then. Now, that's a true friendship.

Now, in our young, adult lives, we aren't able to see each other every single day and hang out at the mall and movies every weekend, but when we do see each other, we always make the best of it. Most times, my fiance and her boyfriend join us as we all get together, but every now and then, Kass and I get to have time to ourselves. We usually have this routine of grabbing coffee, running errands/picking up snacks, heading back to one of our places, popping open a bottle of wine, watching shows on Netflix, and eating whatever we picked up. This weekend was one of those weekends where I had the joy of spending time with her. We've actually been trying to make more plans to see each other before Alejandro and I move too.

Here are some photos of what we enjoyed while watching One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, and Gossip Girl.






 What are some of your favorite things to do with your best friend? Do you have any traditions? I'd love to hear from you!
In Words, With Love,
Vanessa Mae

6 comments:

  1. Aw this is such a lovely post. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vanessa, thank you for my birthday wishes. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. I think January calls for a detox, I ate my body weight in chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, lovely! You're welcome. :) I did enjoy Christmas with my family. I hope you enjoyed it as well! I totally agree with you on detoxing. I ate A LOT of cookies this month!

      Delete
  3. Cute cupcakes! My bff and I usually have lunch/dinner and have pedicures together. ;)

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jeanne! That sounds like a great tradition you and your BFF have! Just a few days ago, Kass and I got manicures together. We always get our nails done, but this was our first time together. Haha!

    ReplyDelete