Friday, October 24, 2014

Life Rambles: Golden State Warriors Open Practice

One more week until it's officially basketball season! I've been a Golden State Warriors fan my whole life. Although I'm the sports junkie in our relationship, I asked Alejandro if he'd like to go with me to the Warriors Open Practice, which was yesterday evening. He said yes, and it turned out that he hadn't been to the Oracle Arena in over ten years! The last time he was there was to watch a Warriors game with his family. The event was free, but we still had to get tickets online. You can't imagine how fast I got on the laptop to get them!
Due to my lack of sleep, I decided to grab coffee for the drive there. I knew there would be traffic, so the coffee definitely helped. Once we got there, we were lucky enough to arrive right when they opened another set of doors, which meant we didn't have to stand in the original line, which looked like it would have taken us 10-15 minutes to get to the door. Yay! It was open seating too, so I was trying to find seats as close to the floor as possible. Although we couldn't find seats where I would have liked, I was still pretty happy with what we got. There was only one exception...the group of girls sitting behind us. They were the loud, obnoxious girl who thought that being loud is equivalent to being cute. Every time the announcer or coach mentioned Stephen Curry, one girl would yell, "Woo! Stephen Curry! The only player I know!" She obviously wasn't a true Warriors fan. I wanted to turn to her and say, "If you can't name three players from the 'We Believe' era, why are you even here?" But, I just laughed in amusement, and I think she noticed, because she finally got a little bit more quiet.
The event was filled with team drills, players bringing people in the audience down to the court to participate, and even game ticket giveaways! Oh, how I wish I had won those two tickets to the opener for November 1st! Either way, the event was fun and we enjoyed our time there. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to a game this season, preferably a game versus Miami Heat, but those tickets are expensive!
In Words, With Love,
Vanessa Mae



No comments:

Post a Comment